Street Crews use Gather My Crew’s unique community building technology to bring neighbourhoods together during this challenging time.
These Street Crews become supportive networks who are looking out for each other, communicating with each other, sharing local news and helping one another.
Street Crews are not just about the ‘able’ looking after the ‘vulnerable’. They are about all of us looking out for each other – because vulnerability can look different to different people and things will change rapidly over the coming months.
The free, evidence-based, Gather My Crew technology enables Street Crews to chat with each other, offer emotional support, list things people might need, share resources, provide local updates, and coordinate offers of help all in one place.
Gather My Crew have been building ‘support crews’ around vulnerable people for years. Australia’s leading community support organisations, such as Cancer Council Australia, Red Cross, BCNA and Stroke Foundation, use our technology to support their clients. You can trust us.
Now it is time for the wider community to take advantage of our free community building technology.
It’s as easy as…
- Register an account with Gather My Crew and complete the Welcome Tour.
- Create your Street Crew on the ‘Create a Crew’ page.
- Post a welcome message. Using the ‘Chat Tab’, this message serves to welcome your neighbours to the Street Crew and invites them to share what they have, ask for help, or post community news.
- Generate a unique URL invite for your ‘Street Crew’. Go to the ‘Crew Tab’ and generate a unique URL invite.
- Share the URL invite via email, SMS, social media. You can use our letter box drop form if there are people whose details you do not have.
- Accept your neighbours. Neighbours who respond to the invite will show up as ‘pending’ in your ‘Crew Tab’. Make sure you ‘accept’ each of them and give them ‘admin’ rights if you want them to add tasks or start a chat.