There has been a lot of talk over the past weeks and months about food delivery. Dropping of a meal to someone who is vulnerable or doing it tough is a special way to offer support.
While rostering meals is just one of many tasks you can coordinate with Gather My Crew, we recognise it is an important one, and we have just released upgrades that make it even easier to do.
New features for rostering meals
You can now use our platform to;
- manage daily, weekly or ad-hoc meals for families doing it tough
- incorporate food requests (eg vegetarian meals for family of 5)
- identify intolerances (eg no dairy)
- highlight specific days of the week (eg. Tuesday, Wednesdays and Fridays)
- share drop off instructions (eg. leave in the esky on the front porch)
- view list of meals prepared by others so a family does not receive 15 lasagnes
Gather My Crew makes it even easier to get the right kind of meals, at the right time, to those in need.
Meals and COVID-19
Providing meals for those in need of some extra help can still be done safely during COVID-19.
- Remember to wash your hands before, during and after preparing food.
- Do not touch your face while preparing food.
- Maintain usual food handling requirements and
- Arrange a contactless drop off (eg. leave an esky by the front door)
If you have any concerns about food safety and how to ensure safe food hygiene, please see the latest advice from the CSIRO here.
Meals not your thing?
The Gather My Crew platform has a comprehensive list of common help tasks needed during tough times that can be added to a roster for friends and family to self-allocate – and most of these can be adapted to be safely provided during COVID-19.
- Social connection – organising regular video calls in place of home visits (try FaceTime or Zoom) or going for a walk or playing online games (try chess.com or cardzmania.com)
- Grocery shopping or meal delivery service
- Garden maintenance – lawn mowing or weeding
- Walk the dog or look after other pets
- Run errands such as posting letters or picking up medications
So check out our new features – we would love to hear your feedback.