A simple way to coordinate help for those self-isolating.
For people who are vulnerable, such as the elderly and those with compromised immunity, self-isolation is a necessary precaution.
We can work together to support them through this period – even when we can’t have close contact.
Use Gather My Crew to bring together a friendship group, a family, social club or neighbourhood to support the more vulnerable.
And don’t forget those in your street who may not have a support network… Get some neighbours together and create a ‘Street Crew’ to support them too.
Set up a ‘support crew’ in 5 simple steps using Gather My Crew
Whether you decide to set up a formal ‘support crew’ or just want to do something kind for a person you know, here are a list of ideas that you can start with.
Even small acts of kindness can have a big impact during these times.
- Drop off bread and milk
- Leave thoughtful ‘food offerings’, such as baked goods or fresh fruit
- Drop over books, games or movies
- Collect deliveries and/or parcels from the post office
- Post letters and/or parcels
- Collect medications
- Collect ‘non essential’ items – such as extra wool for a knitting project or paint for a painting
- Organise regular skype calls or phone ‘check ins’ to provide social connection
- Walk the dog
- Drop off toilet paper
- Shop for fresh food